Excuses by my kids
My kids have some interesting excuses for their actions sometimes.
I thought I’d start keeping a record of them. And no, I’m not picking on K— at all. He just tends to have the best one-liners.
- Why K— ate some of the pie before dinner: The pie was taunting me!
- Why K— ate N—‘s zinger snack cake: It was just too good to resist!
- Why K— left an empty ice cream carton in the middle of the hallway: He thought it would help me to remember to buy more.
- I—‘s explaining why he shoved all the toys/laundry under the bed (rather than putting them away): “You said make it look clean.”
- N— on not waking up on time: “I couldn’t get to sleep”
- I asked if his DS kept him up. “No, I turned the sound off”