InternetSecure Payment Module for ZenCart
A Secure Credit Cart Processing Gateway for US and Canadian Merchants
InternetSecure’s merchant link is fully verified and supported by VeriSign, Verified by Visa and MasterCards new SecureCode features, AMEX, Discover, MasterCard and Visa cardholders can safely and securely shop on your site knowing their best interests are safeguarded with total privacy secured.
You can explore the advantages of InternetSecure upon their site.
This module comes with English/French language support.
Full support of dual merchant accounts
This is a feature that IS has allowing both USD and CAD accounts, thus support for merchants seeking either a US merchant or CA merchant account or both.
This feature automatically sets payment based on the user currency of choice of either US or CA funds and processes to your CA or US merchant account respectively. If other currencies are used for ease of your buyers, then the choice is to have the module process to either one or ther other set in the backend admin settings.
Auto language support
The script passes on the cart’s language to the InternetSecure pages, so if your cart is multi-lingual, it will continue onto those pages. If the cart language is not supported, it will fall back to IS’s default (English).
Descriptive Payment information
User cart information is forwarded containing Model(sku) and description with support of cart attribute options(size/model/format etc.). Shipping, Discounts/Surcharges, and Taxes appear as separate line items.
Thus the user sees at final stages all applied charges and information regarding his or her purchase clearly stated and outlined in either CA or US funds.
Pre-payment order filing
InternetSecure does not seem to show a ‘cancel and return to merchant’ link if a credit card was declined.
If the card was approved, InternetSecure shows a return button, but does not require you return to the merchant after processing.
This module is structured to create the order prior to the customer going offsite. The customer may, but does not need to return to your site as the order has already been recorded.
If a card was declined, you can follow up with the customer for alternate payment methods, or cancel the order, as you like.
If the export script option is used, you will get an order status update/comment in addition to any email InternetSecure sends.
Export Script support
InternetSecure has the option to enable an Export script, so if a card is accepted or declined, your cart can receive the information behind the scenes, so the customer does not need to return to your site (although that is of course, always prefered).
You can set what information you wish recorded as an order comment, and if desired, change the order status if the card is accepted or declined.
- If you have installed an earlier version, please remove it.
- Unzip the files and drop into your catalog.
- The catalog/ directory corresponds to your ZenCart base directory.
- Log into your admin panel and go to Modules -> Payment.
- Click on the ‘Secure Credit Card’ line.
- Note the information under InternetSecure Export Script settings: and follow the instructions (also noted below).
- Click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button and configure the module.
- Test the module twice by setting the ‘Transaction Mode’ to each of the test modes and sending through a test order.
InternetSecure Export Script settings
Using the Export script option is not required but is recommended.
Log into your merchant account and click on the “Export Scripts” link, then choose “Export Script Options” and set the following:
- Domain name: http://yourdomain.com
- Web Page: /path/to/zenroot/internetsecure_export_handler.php
The correct paths are shown in the module information section.
Data from the export script can be stored as a order comment. Some defaults have been chosen, but you’ll want to review the options to see what you wish to store. See the configuration settings section.
Note that the variables like ‘xxxName’ and ‘CustomerName’ seem to return the same data, but since both are returned you have the option to choose which (if any) you would like.
- Enable InternetSecure Merchant Link Module
- Do you want to accept InternetSecure payments? Options: True False
- Payment Zone
- If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.
- Sort order of display.
- Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.
- CAD Merchant ID
- Your CAD merchant ID at InternetSecure.
- USD Merchant ID
- Your USD merchant ID at InternetSecure.
- Transaction Currency
- The currency to use for credit card transactions. Options:
- Always USD
- Always CAD
- Either CAD or USD, else USD
- Either USD or CAD, else CAD
- Set Order Status
- Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value
- Approved CC Order Status
- If export script indicates credit card was approved, set the status of order to this value
- Declined CC Order Status
- If export script indicates credit card was declined, set the status of order to this value
- InternetSecure Export Confirmation Code
- If you added a confirmation code on your IS export script page, please enter that code here.
- Transaction Mode
- Transaction mode to use for the InternetSecure service Options: * Test Mode – Declined * Test Mode – Approved * LIVE
- Transaction Data
- Data you would like saved as an order comment. CustomerName = xxxName, etc. Both are shown so you can select what you wish.
A special thanks to Gary Murk for engaging me to update/adapt this contribution, and for his French language translations.