Published by Sara Jacobson
May 20, 2006 08:11 PM under About
A dedicated individual who thrives on resolving complex problems creatively.Sara J Jacobson 655 6th street, Waukee, IA 50263 Phone: (515) 520-1967 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HTML 4.0, XHTML 1.0 strict/transitional, XHTML 1.1 strict
- CSS Levels 1 and 2
- AJAX (via raw http-request and mootools)
- PHP 4 and 5, both procedural and Object-Oriented
- MySQL and SqLite database integration through direct access, ODBC, and custom database layers.
- Apache SSI (Server-side Includes)
In which I consider myself proficient, but not quite adept at yet:
- XML and XSLT transformations
- Perl, Tcl/Tk, C and lpC
- Domino/Lotus notes
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Putty SSH tools
- Linux, BSD, and Windows command line
- Familiarity with basic administration of Windows/Linux systems
- CVS (Concurrent Versioning Systems)
- Apache 1 and Apache 2 servers
- Extreme Programming (XP) development methodology
- Progressive Enhancement
- Content-first design with separation of structure, behavior and style
Conformance to the following:
- Cross-browser compatibility (FireFox, IE, Opera, Lynx, Safari primarily)
- W3C xhtml 1.0 strict standards
- WAI level 1-3 and section 508 federal accessibility standards
- W3C CSS level 2 standards
- W3C P3P privacy guidelines
Developer Tools and IDEs
- SciTE text editor (primary tool for editing)
- Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash developer
- Domino developer suite
- PhpMyAdmin, MySQL Administrator
- FireFox FireBug and Web Developer Toolbar
- New Horizons, Des Moines, Iowa
Courses in Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, XML, Microsoft Server, Network administration
CIW certification in Web development, design and eCommerce applications.
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
2 years completed
Major: Physics and Computer Science
- Emmetsburg Senior High School
High School Diploma
Graduated with Honors
Skills and Activities
- Designed and currently maintain an Internet-based virtual environment
- National Merit Scholar, Iowa State University
- Physics and Astronomy Club, Iowa State University
- Honor Society, Science Club, Emmetsburg Senior High School
- Alliance Technologies, Des Moines, Iowa 10/2007-present
Web Developer, Consultant
- My dream job :)
- NotGoddess Designs, Waukee, Iowa 6/2003-10/2007
Web Developer, Designer
Formed as an outlet for technical skills not met in other positions.
- Contribute custom modules and adaptations for TextPattern, ZenCart and Gallery 1 to the OSS community, including a custom eCommerce Gallery Cart for Gallery, and payment processing, subscription, wishlist, and SMS modules for ZenCart.
- Designed sites and web applications for national and international clientele.
- Markup is W3C validated (X)HTML 1.0 markup, CSS level 1 and 2, and cross-browser DHTML and degradable AJAX implementations.
- Accessibility is a prime focus, adhering to WAI section 508, the Federal minimum requirement, and where possible extending to level 1, 2, or 3 of the guidelines.
- Use PHP, Perl, and MySQL database integration for dynamic websites.
- Implement OSS programs such as Textpattern, Joomla, Gallery 1 and 2, and ZenCart.
- Bayer Corporation, UK – Created an intranet application for invitation rsvp
- Warnke Law Firm – Site design
- Reilly Photography – Site design
- North Farm Stud – Fixed database administration for proper PHP security standards, and enhanced frontend display of database information
- LifeStory Scrapbooks – Site design, eCommerce
An online Portfolio is available at: http://notgoddessdesigns.com/Case_Studies/
- Farmers Mutual Hail, West Des Moines, Iowa 6/2004-10/2007
- Consultant for the Multi-peril department’s transition to paperless imaging.
- Performed evaluation of workflow and advised on a non-linear translation.
- Perform daily and archival scanning for MPCI department.
- First contact on user issues relating to imaging system.
- Often consulted by underwiting and processing staff concerning general computer issues (settings, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint issues).
- Performed daily and archival scanning needs for a corporate office, accounting for more than 200,000 documents annually.
- Trained staff in 6 regional offices in all aspects of two imaging systems.
- Increased efficiency in document tracking and retrieval by creating an Excel-based database of documents scanned. Reports generated from this database allowed management to better understand daily workloads and monthly patterns, so the office staff could focus on the most important work first.
- Initiated technical support for a staff of 10, resolving user issues regarding the current Imaging software, thereby increasing efficiency and reducing downtime due to calls to the company helpdesk.
- Edited time-sensitive documents for the executive staff, allowing them to resolve issues more quickly.
- Managed company database of real estate records
- Maintained the database with daily entry of all Polk County real estate transactions
- Evaluated Federal criminal cases, civil law and equity cases and bankruptcy cases for valid claims to be included in the database
- Searched the database for relevant records for use by abstractors
- Operated scanning equipment to convert microfilm records to a graphic format
References available upon request.